Spoken Word: Muslim Girls

I am a Muslim Girl Modesty is my middle name

“Terrorist” and “dangerous” are carved in my blood

While side looks and shameless whispers get pierced to my earlobe

Though sincerity is written in my fingertips

No man shall ever see

The humanity hidden in my palms

Or the respect I carry within myself

I am a Muslim Girl

As innocent as can be

What have I ever done?

That only Allah can see

Do not judge me for who you think I am

You’re nowhere close to right

Quit harming the harmless

And watch me put up a fight

I am a warrior, built out of clay

I am a Muslim Girl

And will always be ‘till the last day

By: Sadia Islam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regent Park Portrayed in Film and Television

Meet Your Neighbourhood Police Officers – PC Mircea Biga and PC Farzad Ghotbi

WHY RENAME DUNDAS STREET IN TORONTO – what’s in a name?